We have given up our ability to feel fear and, so, we are now surrounded by all the situations we were always too afraid to be afraid of.
Christine Delorey
We lie the loudest when we lie to ourselves.
Eric Hoffer
I've been thinking a lot lately about the meaning of life. Bottom line, What's the point? Hey universe, what the BIG idea? Funny thing about trying to think about something is it usually never leads to what you want it to. We dig for the answers, trying so hard to give ourselves the answers we want. The answer I want is an itinerary from the universe of all the things I'm meant to do in this lifetime. Preferably with relationship *Beginning and *End dates as well. A little over analytical?, No. Normal, I would tell you. Trying to harvest existential significance of my life at 19 comes from a place of desire for something more. Something amazing, something other than what the status quo of the past; which has been latent with Don'ts and No's, and Haters. Sometimes I think about the great artists of the past, and I wonder how they got to that point of greatness. I baffle at how they all created such beauty with such passion and purpose, dying to know who their travel agent was for the journey we the people call LIFE.
So I've got my own take on this indiscriminately soul searching question but I'm throwing this out there...
What the BIG idea?
No comments:
Post a Comment